This last weekend, we traveled with our good friends Ty and Natalie to Yellowstone. We stayed in West Yellowstone and spent a few days touring the park, all the while singing the Montana state anthem each time we entered the state (it felt like a solo, but I'm sure everyone was singing). We saw a lot of wildlife, some amazing scenery and even got to spend a little time in Jackson. Best of all, I got to introduce my son to Montana. He may have been born in Utah, but I think he just might be a Big Sky kid.
We were hoping to check off all the major wildlife while on our visit but missed a few. We saw buffalo (of course), elk, big horn sheep, coyote and various birds. We got pretty close to a very large bull elk and even recorded some bugling. At the end of the pictures is a short (albeit wobbly) video of this particular fellow.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Our Trip up North
Posted by Jeremy at 10/27/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"Montana, Montana. Glory of the West. Of all the states from coast to coast you're easily the best. Montana, Montana. Where skies are always blue. M-O-N-T-A-N-A, Montana, I love you."
I wasnt there to sing with you so I sang it with you today.:)
Looks like you had a great trip. And I have to say that all the little Lewis' are Big Sky kids at heart. Its in the blood.
What a fun trip! Your pictures look awesome! We didn't get to do as much camping this year and it makes me miss the outdoors. Jenson looks like he's loving every minute of it!
We need to have you guys up so Jensen and Tabitha can play, he is so cute.
Post a Comment