CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well, I warned you ...

... that tales of diaper duty would make their way onto our blog soon enough! Since most of my days (and nights) are now consumed with this fun task, you can't blame me.

Probably the most repeated words of advice I've received from people about having a baby boy is to WATCH OUT when I'm changing his diapers. In Jensen's two short months in our loving home, and after changing an umpteenth number of diapers already, I had yet to have any "run-in's" or unexpected showers. (Unfortunately Jeremy can't say the same.) Things had been going so well that I was beginning to think that maybe Jensen and I had a secret pact that we would save those special moments for his sweet dad to experience and enjoy. Apparently I was wrong because my luck changed last night (actually at 3:30 this morning, when I was least expecting it). I guess he didn't want his dad to have all the fun! It's a good thing we love every last square inch of him so much! Nana, must be time to employ the pee pee tee pee's you so generously gifted us.



I thought this picture was hilarious, so I had to include it while we were on the subject. Yes, it's as heavy as it looks, and yes, those are all dirty diapers! Jeremy's a great sport and never complains about the dirty work that comes his way. Love you babe!

8 comments:

Brittney Wimmer said...

You have got to be kidding! That is one heck of a lot of crap! Sorry to be so blunt, but honestly! I'm not sure what to say about the middle of the night showers. I guess being a parent truely is self sacrificing! You guys are great! Give Jensen our love!

Megan said...

Wow, there are some things that, as a single person, you simply have NO concept of. Who knew there was such a thing as a Pee Pee Tee Pee?! What does a Pee Pee Tee Pee look like? How can you see what you're doing with a Pee Pee Tee Pee between you and the baby? I mean, at lease you won't have pee on yourself, but you might put the diaper on his head or something, no?! Requested blog posting: Pee Pee Tee Pee 101

N8Stowers said...

Way to go Jer!! Good on you for the "dirty work". I have yet to experience the unexpected showers, and at the rate we are going, we may never have to.

Jeremy and Amanda said...

I can't believe how many diapers you get to change! I am sure you will never mind though...Jensen is worth it for sure! Have a happy week!

Aaron said...

Ahh, the joys of having boys. I remember those days.

Jeremy said...

Hello Megan. Allow me to clear the air regarding the pee pee tee pee. It is not so imposing a device as to obstruct or impede the diaper changing process. The tee pee is large enough only to cover the offending parts of our little boy. The whole concept is one of those things you never fully comprehend until hit hits you, so to speak.

Tristan and Kristina said...

Wait until you start feeding him solids, then you'll be taking one of those out every other day ;) JK. Despite the fact that we have a little girl, I know what its like to be peed on :) We hope you are all doing well.

Janna said...

Good luck with the "pee pee tee pee's". Hey Brandon told me that you know somewhere online that will print your blog. Let me know where that is.