CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Captain Jensen!

Last night we hit the lake for the first time this year. Papa, Brit, Jensen, Spud and I took an evening excursion to Jordanelle. We left the house at about 7 pm; we wanted to leave ealier, but everything seems to take a little additional time these days. We made it to the marina and Papa talked his way into getting his senior discount a little early for park admission. Brit was my all-star; she backed the boat into the water. Is there anything she can't do? I'm the only one who got into the water, but it felt great. Once I jumped in, Spud got up and very obviously wanted to follow me in. Jensen was amazing; he got a new life jacket and didn't seem to mind it too much. For almost the whole ride, he was awake and happy. He seems to be a natural on the water. We took a few pictures to archive the occasion.

Spud was sulking because she didn't get to jump in the water with me. Land, you should have seen her; she really wanted to get in.

Who better to show Jensen the way of the sea than Papa. He was just telling Jensen that he needs to keep his knees bent and his ski tip out of the water.


Look at the wind in that beautiful hair, and note the position of the throttle. This girl felt the need for speed. She's a natural. :)

Isn't he so cute in his board shorts and rash-guard shirt? I think these are courtesy of his generous aunts!

The little man's vest was a little big on him, but I'm pretty sure he'll grow into it. The big vest did make it a little difficult for him to get the right angle of lean when he was cutting back into the wake.

7 comments:

Brittney Wimmer said...

Oh my gosh his life jacket is so dang cute! Where did you get that! I love it! Jer, your rendition of the excursion is hysterical! You're a great commentator (is that how you spell it?)! It looks like you guys had a blast! There is nothing that will torture Landon more than this post, boating on the lake with Spud. I'll show him when he gets home tonight. That picture looks like she really is sulking. Jensen is looking bigger already! We can't wait to spend some time with you guys when we get back. Maybe we'll have to hit up the lake sometime. Way to get in the water Jer! It's gotta be a decent temp by now, right? Love you guys! And HAPPY 4TH!

Nana Jan said...

Hey! What a great account of the maiden voyage. How fun! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I can't believe how well Jens filled out his swim shirt. I remember it looking big at one time. Sounds like a perfect evening. So glad all went well and I'm excited to think that Jensen loves it already. Was the water cold, Jer? You're great. Congrats!!!

Brittney Wimmer said...

What!!??? Unbelievable! Glad to know someone else in the fam knows how to get the boat off the trailor and up and runnin and stuff! I'm proud of ya'll! And yes, there's nothing that makes me miss summer more than boating! Spud is the raddest dog in the world and I miss her like crazy! Jensen is a stud! You guys are great! Love ya tons and miss ya lots! Can't wait to be back with ya!

N8Stowers said...

hey guys, that looks awesome!! i'm excited for you guys, i have the best memories of boating growing up, even if i didn't ski, just being on the boat was fun...& remember taking gizmo, & moe? jensen's a lucky kid, he's got a lot to look forward too!

Trent and Jen said...

That's pretty sweet. You'll have to figure out a way to strap his car seat to the seat ski. He can't ride that thing alone until he's at least 40 lbs., it's state law!

Sunday was great by the way, glad we could be there with you!

Love you!

Trent

Brittney Wimmer said...

Cute backgroud! Your family picture at the top is adorable. You guys look so great!

N8Stowers said...

k, you guys need to give me some blogger tips. i love your background! looks great!!